With holidays, family get togethers and Sunday brunches upon the horizon, here are some simple tips to spring color into your table setting!
Create a Vibrant Focal Point
- Place arrangements in anything from a reused mason jar, wooden box or paper bag to serving dishes, apothecary glassware or vintage tea cups.
- Be true to season by curating floral arrangements that include anything from gerber daisies, daffodils, calla lilies, hyacinths, and orchids to cherry blossoms, peonies, tulips, roses, and/or succulents.
- Incorporate alternative items such as fruit slices, eggs shells, branches or grass for a crips and dynamic conversation piece.
Nix the Table Cloth
Shed those winter layers and don’t be afraid to leave the table cloth in the linen drawer.
- Instead of covering it up, expose your table’s natural wood grain using it to accent colorful table accessories.
- Try incorporating vibrant Spring-inspired napkins into the mix and setting them on each plate with an earthy napkin ring, branch, flower petal or sprig of greens.
*We love the intriguing prints of Dogwood & Hastings organic napkins. They are not only a beautiful addition to your Spring table, they are made in Oregon and printed with non-toxic, water based inks. For formal engagements, try these napkin rings and candle stick holders – handmade in NYC.
Keep it Minimal
Although it’s fun to explore all the fun colors of spring, you don’t want to give your guests a headache in the process. Neutralize with table accents that ground your table setting.
- To keep from overcrowding your table, keep your table setting simple, yet engaging.
- Break up the color by adding neutrals like organic canvas chairs, and white accents.
Andrea Plell is EcoHabitude’s Director of Communications and the Editor-in-Chief of the EcoHabitude blog. Since 2007, Andrea has been on a mission to support a paradigm shift in the fashion industry. She currently runs her own PR and ethical fashion production company in San Francisco, CA.
Follow Andrea on instagram.2