With St. Patrick’s Day just around the corner, we encourage you to “Go Green!” [quite literally] with products that were made with a conscience. Whether you are looking for an eco-friendly outfit to wear, a gift that gives back, or some festive upcycled decor for your St. Paddy’s shindig, we’ve got a marketplace full of GREEN at your fingertips.
1. Deborah Lindquist Crochet Front T-Shirt: Made in USA and hand-crocheted in recycled cotton.
2. Scrappy Products Cream & Green Infinity Scarf: Made in the USA with water-based inks.
3. Pashen Collection Open Front Kaftan: Fair Trade and hand-crocheted in Peru.
4. Amano Artisans Nohowi Tagua Necklace: Handmade in Columbia from Tagua Seeds- a renewable resource of South America.
6. Knotty Gal Off the Hook Earrings: Made in NYC. A portion of every purchase goes to girls education in Bangladesh.
7. Judi Powers Water Drop Ring: Made in Brooklyn with recycled sterling silver and a natural aquamarine cabochon stone.
8. Tailfeather Designs Trifecta Necklace: Handmade in Long Beach, NY with conflict free triangle vermeil gem, metals and stones.
Editor Picks| Men
1. Two Birds Apparel Bowen Eco Henley: Bamboo + cotton with coconut buttons. Fabric is OEKO-TEX certified.
2. Indosole Double Six Flops: Made from re-purposed innertubes from bicycle tires, as straps, and a vegan leather underfoot.
3. Scrappy Products Utility Bag: Made from 100% upcycled water bottle fabric.
4. EST WST Collective Midhills Messenger: Made from the most sustainable textile on earth, wild Himalayan Nettle. Is harvested, spun and woven in remote hill villages at their collectives in Nepal.
5. One4One Berke Eco-Jersey Polo: For each item purchased, one4one donates a similar item to someone in need.
6. The Socialmen Shop Balance Bracelet: Made in Alexandria, VA by local artisan.
Editor Picks| Bath + Body & Beauty
1. Buck Naked Soap Company Shea Butter and French Green Clay Soap: All Natural, Vegan Soap, Handcrafted Soap.
2. D.I.D Nail Paint Nail Paint in “Eden”: Highly pigmented, eco-friendly nail color collection, that achieves full coverage on the nail in one to two coats. Free of formaldehyde, toluene, DBP, and camphor.
3. Botanic Organic Cucumber & Calendula Nutrient Mist: Natural beauty mist with organic and ECOCERT approved ingredients.
4. Savage Jenny Mineral Shadow Stacker in Mermaid: Handmade mineral make-up in recycled glass containers.
5. Elegant Rose Boutique Shampoo Bar Sample Set: Natural, organic shampoo bars made in Michigan.
6. Flo + Theo Wild Mint Body Polish: Coconut and Almond Oil nourish and re-hydrate the skin whilst sugar crystals provide a deep exfoliation.
Editor Picks| Kids
1. Uni-T Grow More Tee: Natural comfort of soft, 100% organic cotton. Fair trade.
2. Hankybook Baby/Kids Turtles Hankybook: Money Saving. Reusable. 100% Organic Cotton.
3. Emy + Annie Peter The Frog Prince Rattle: Hand-sewn. Eco-friendly felt blend made from an organic wool and stuffed with non-allergenic stuffing and a metal rattle.
4. Scrappy Products Minnesota Kid Tote: Made from 100% upcycled water bottle fabric.
5. Little Turtle Tipis Color Full Decoration Tipi: Hand collected abalone shells, adorned with leather straps that are beaded with feathers. Hand painted imitation eagle feather hangs over door.
Editor Picks | Home
1. Scrappy Products View Ridge Grocery Tote: Made from 100% upcycled water bottle fabric.
3. Favor Creative 10 Herb in a Box JR: Grow your own herbs! Eco-friendly party favor and entertaining gift.
4. Loofah Art Shamrock Kitchen Scrubber: 100% natural loofah – bio-degradable, non-toxic, non-scratch, eco-friendly, compostable.
5. Kuchi Kuu Woodlands Collection Pillows: Eco-friendly, handmade artisan pillows.
6. Bottles & Wood Wine Bottle Tumblr Glasses: Upcycled wine bottles. Made in San Diego, CA.
7. Chic Watts Beer Mug Lamp: Upcycled. For indoor or outdoor use!
Andrea Plell is EcoHabitude’s Director of Communications and the Editor-in-Chief of the EcoHabitude blog. Since 2007, Andrea has been on a mission to support a paradigm shift in the fashion industry. She currently runs her own PR and ethical fashion production company in San Francisco, CA.
Follow Andrea on instagram.